Day One: 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Breakfast & networking
- Introduction to energy hedging, trading & risk management
- Overview of the global energy markets
- An in-depth review of the major crude oil, refined products and natural gas liquids trading hubs including Singapore, North Sea (Brent), Northwest Europe, Mediterranean, Cushing (WTI), Arab Gulf, US Gulf Coast, New York and Mont Belvieu and how global product flows impact prices
- Introduction to NYMEX/CME Group, ICE & SGX futures, options and swaps
- An examination of the differences between over-the-counter (OTC) and exchange traded/cleared hedging instruments
- An overview of the energy price reporting agencies (Platts, Argus, OPIS, etc.) and how the prices they publish impact your energy price risk
- In-depth examples of how to utilize various energy hedging strategies including futures, options, and swaps
- Examples of various hedging strategies covering bunker fuel, crude oil, diesel fuel, gasoline, jet fuel, natural gas and natural gas liquids
- Real world hedging scenarios including the perspectives of consumers, producers, refiners, traders and marketers
- Analyzing & hedging basis risk
- Question & answer session
Day Two: 9:00 AM to 1:30 PM
- Breakfast & networking
- How to identify, quantify and analyze your energy price risk
- Developing an energy hedging and risk management policy
- Designing and implementing an energy hedging program
- A hands-on exercise where you will experience a “year in the life” of an executive who is responsible for managing their company's energy hedging program
- Question & answer session
Among those who will benefit from this seminar include accountants, auditors, attorneys, bankers, board members, chief financial officers, controllers, corporate financiers, consultants, engineers, equity research analysts, executives, financial analysts, fund managers, government regulators, investor relations representatives, managers, marketers, originators, risk managers, traders, treasurers, among others.
The types of companies that typically attend this program include employees of accounting firms, asset managers, bunker fuel suppliers, cargo airlines, commercial airlines, commercial banks, construction companies, commodity exchanges, consulting firms, crude oil producers, electricity generators, exploration and production companies, ferry operators, fuel marketers, government regulators, investment banks, leisure airlines, manufacturing companies, marine shipping companies, mining companies, national oil companies, private equity firms, railroad companies, refiners, shipping companies, transit agencies, trucking companies, tug and barge operators, universities and utility companies, among others.
Previous attendees of our seminars include ABN Amro, ADM Investor Services, AOT Energy, Air Liquide, Allegro Development, AmeriGas Propane, Anadarko Petroleum Corporation, Arena Energy, Arkoma International, Atlantic FuelEx, Axeon Specialty Products, BP, BCG Brokers, Bloomberg, Bomin, Breitburn Energy Partners, British Airways, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Bumper Development Corporation, CIMA Energy, City University London, China Aviation Oil, Cleco, CLP Power Hong Kong, CME Group, Cockett Marine Oil, Compañía Española de Petróleos (CEPSA), Continuum Energy Services, Coppermark Bank, Corendon Airlines, Dalbit Petroleum, Deloitte, Dubai Supply Authority, Eastman Chemical Company, EGYPTAIR, Eide Bailly, ENI Trading & Shipping, ERCOT, Essar, Etihad Airways, ExL Petroleum, Federated Co-operatives Limited, Gazprom, Gearbulk, Glencore, GlobalFoundries, Hanwha Total Petrochemical, Hawaiian Electric Company, Hibiscus Petroleum, Hudson Shipping Lines, Husky Energy, Investment Bank of Greece, Intergulf Corporation, Island Oil Group, Just Oil, KfW IPEX-Bank, Kuwait Airways, Liberty Mutual, LINN Energy, LOT Polish Airlines, Lufthansa, MathWorks, MOL Group, Middle East Airlines, MUFG Union Bank, NGL Energy Partners, NRG Energy, Oahu Capital Group, OMV Petrom, Oilinvest Group, Opportune, Oxford University, Paragon Global Markets, PEMEX, Peninsula Petroleum, Pertamina, Petron Corporation, Petronas, Phillips 66, Praxis Energy Agents, PTT, Raiffeisenlandesbank, Royal Bank of Scotland, Royal Jordanian Airlines, Reliance Industries, Santo Petroleum, SAP, SEI Fuel Services, Shell, Signal Hill Petroleum, SK Gas, SM Energy, Société des Hydrocarbures du Tchad, Summit Discovery Resources, Standard Bank, Straits Financial Group, Swiber Holdings, Talos Energy, Taleveras Petroleum Trading, Taleveras, Tamoil, Tesoro, Texland Petroleum, The Bank of Korea, Tipco Asphalt, THY OPET, Tokyo Gas, Travelers Insurance, Tri-State Generation and Transmission, Trotters, Turk Telekomunikasyon, Turkish Airlines, UGI Corporation, Univen Petróleo, University of Exeter, University of Houston, V Marine Fuels, Van Oil, Virgin Atlantic, Warren Averett, Waveland Energy Partners, WEB Aruba and Westlake Chemical Company, among many others.
Mike Corley is the founder and president of Mercatus Energy Advisors. As a subject matter expert, Mr. Corley serves as a trusted energy hedging and risk management advisor to dozens of companies and organizations across the globe. Prior to founding the firm, he held various positions in trading, risk management, quantitative analysis and marketing with El Paso Merchant Energy, Cantor Fitzgerald and several boutique energy trading and risk management firms.
Mr. Corley regularly serves as a keynote speaker for organizations such as Airline Economics, Argus, Energy Institute, OPIS, Platts, The Council of Petroleum Accountants Societies and The Oil Council. In addition, Mr. Corley regularly contributes to various industry publications including Airline Economics, The American Oil & Gas Reporter, BBC News, Bloomberg, Energy Risk, Futures Industry, Oil & Gas Financial Journal, Oil & Gas Investor, Platts, Reuters and The Wall Street Journal, among others. Mr. Corley earned a B.A. from The University of Oklahoma.
Super Early Registration Fee: USD $995 (applicable until 30 November 2018)
Early Registration Fee: USD $1,195 (applicable until 31 December 2018)
Regular Registration Fee: USD $1,395 (applicable until 19 February 2019)
If two or more employees of the same company register together, each will receive a discount of $150.00. The discount is not applicable to super early registration fees.