Whether you believe energy prices are moving higher or lower, one thing is for certain: volatility is here to stay. Our two-day energy hedging, trading & risk management course will provide you with the knowledge you need to not only survive, but thrive, in even the most volatile markets.
What You Will Learn
- How to utilize futures, swaps, options, collars and other hedging strategies to protect your company from volatile energy prices
- How the NYMEX, ICE, OTC (over-the-counter) and physical energy markets operate, impact energy prices and provide you with the ability to mitigate your exposure to volatile prices
- An in-depth look at the major crude oil, refined products and natural gas liquids trading hubs including the Cushing, US Gulf Coast, New York and Mont Belvieu, North Sea (Brent), Northwest Europe, Mediterranean, Arab Gulf and Singapore and how global products flows impact prices
- An overview of the energy price reporting agencies (Platts, Argus, OPIS, etc.) and how the prices they publish impact your energy price risk
- Hedging strategies for crude oil, bunker fuel, diesel fuel, fuel oil, gasoline, gasoil, natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), jet fuel and more...
- How basis relationships impact energy prices and how to prevent basis risk from destroying your hedging program
- How to develop and implement an energy hedging and risk management policy
- A hands-on exercise where you will experience a “year in the life” of an executive who is responsible for managing an energy hedging program
- Networking with industry professionals from around the world